The prices below are per person (not including flights) and quoted in Euros:
- Instructors: Israel Hershberg with 2018 Master Class Guest of Honor, Susannah Phillips, Mentor in Residence, Kurt Knobelsdorf and assisted by Yael Scalia and Yedidya Hershberg. (Susannah Phillips will be in residence and teaching July 2nd to 23rd. Kurt Knobelsdorf, June 18th to July 9th)
- Accommodations are available at the Relais Falisco Hotel or in single rooms in shared local apartments on a first come first serve basis, subject to availability. When all apartments are booked, late-coming applicants will be accommodated at the Relais Falisco Hotel.
- NOTE: The 7 single rooms of the Relais go quickly; if you want a single, APPLY EARLY! When no more singles are available, you will be assigned to a Double Used as a Single (DUS) and charged accordingly.
- Fee includes Monday Shuttle from FCO airport, accommodation as specified below, instruction as above, critiques, lectures and weekly communal dinners.
- Studio spaces are available in Civita’s historic center for €155 per week, subject to availability.
- Food: Every Monday evening all JSS in Civita participants gather for a communal meal at one of Civita’s marvelous and authentic restaurants (included in tuition). All other meals are available at your choice of Civita Castellana’s many and varied slow-food bars, restaurants, rosticcerias, wine bars, bakeries, health food stores, pizzerias, and supermarkets. (All restaurants have vegetarian options). Participants often form groups to dine together. Those who choose apartment living have the option of cooking for themselves using the town’s convenient array of supermarkets, minimarkets, delis, bakeries, cheesemakers and farmers’ market. A map of these establishments will be supplied to all participants.
MASTER CLASS PRICING CHART
Companion: A guest accompanying a JSS in Civita enrollee, not to be considered a participating Resident or Student. Companions are welcome to attend lectures, excursions and communal meals.
Students or participants of limited means have the option of requesting accommodation in our economy priced dormitory residence. Dormitory rooms are limited and are on a first-come first-served basis. You may register your interest on the online application form.
Note: Applicants to the JSS Master Class Program should email 6 to 10 images of their work or provide a website link to email@example.com .
- A non-refundable deposit of €500 is required within 2 weeks of application to secure your place in the program.
- Due to the unexpectedly rapid rate of registration, places will be reserved initially only upon receipt of deposit payment, which must be submitted within 2 weeks of application. If you wait longer than 2 weeks, you may find yourself rolled back to a waiting list.
- To reserve your place in the Master Class, tuition must be paid in full within one month of deposit payment. In cases of difficulty, applicants can request a 2-installment tuition payment, to be arranged with our administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: your place is not reserved until tuition is received in full.
- Cancellation before April 1st: 75% refund less €500 deposit.
- Cancellation after April 1st and up until 30 days before start date: 50% refunded less €500 deposit.
- No refund will be issued for a cancellation made less than 30 days prior to start date.
- Exceptions will be considered for unforeseen illness and force majeure.
Note: The cancellation policy applies to all fees (course enrollment, lodging arrangements, meal plan and studio rentals).
1. Credit Card
2. Bank Transfer
Payment inquiries at email@example.com
Program structure and artistic substance inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Space is limited and acceptance will be on a first-come, first-served basis.